Double deck set of deluxe “Canasta Clásico” playing cards! Each card face includes point values for easy scoring. They work great for any variation of canasta you may play! Remember, this item INCLUDES TWO DECKS OF CARDS (104+4 Jokers). This is now our THIRD EDITION with an all new features that you can use or set aside.
Canasta is a Rummy game with a Latin beat that excites with its wild cards and high scoring hands. Canasta (“basket” in Spanish”) became the favorite card game of millions of North Americans when it arrived from South America with the Samba and Bossa Nova. Today, Canasta is still a big hit with players of all ages and skill levels. The “HOT” version of Canasta the past few years has been “Hand and Foot” or often abbreviated as “Hand-N-Foot”.
What makes these cards special?
– Highlights on wild cards.
– Point values are printed on all of the card faces for easy scoring.
– Card back design is printed from edge to edge (a.k.a. “full bleed”) to add a class and style.
– The card faces have been designed with the indexes (numbers and pips) printed 25% larger to make them easier to read, but not too large to annoy every one else.
– The card stock we use for these decks has a linen finish and is a little thicker to allow for longer card play and a better “snap” when you shuffle.
– Our stylish card face designs add some class to the norm, but don’t look cartoonish or have so much information they detract from game play.
– The index is in all 4 corners. This is great to not only save space when you lay out your cards, but left handed folks can play with the deck with greater ease.
– Includes 2 decks of cards which then makes 104 normal cards and 4 jokers. Each set includes 1 deck of blue back and 1 deck of red back.
– In an effort to help those who like to add little twist to their normal canasta play we have now added a 3rd Joker called “Picante”…to add a little spice or heat to your next card night. Since the card is optional you can use it or set aside.
– We were looking into some of the options of what to do with our 4th “joker” in the deck and we opted to go with an idea we came up with a few years ago. The idea was to make a “Little Joker” which could be used or it could be set aside. The concept was the “Little Joker” could be used in normal canasta card play with the only difference being it was only worth 25 points instead of 50 points like the other jokers.
– The “10 Simple Rules to Canasta” is included in each double box set.
Here is a list of some of the most popular variations of Canasta:
1) Canasta – **Most Common**
7) Five-Hand Canasta
8) Hand and Foot – This version has been very popular for a few years now!
10) Pennies from Heaven
12) Six-Hand Canasta
13) Three-Hand Canasta
14) Two-Hand Canasta